FITS HOLLOW, SOLID BEAMS & APRONED SURFACES
Brackets sold individually. Select the quantity of brackets based on the desired load and the number of studs your project will span.
- Supports mantels from 9" to 24" deep
- Fits materials 1½" to 4" thick
- 1"x 1" square tube rod
- Support up to 90 lbs. per bracket*
*NOTE: All brackets must be installed into studs, or posts. Failure to do so may result in saggy surfaces, falling objects or even injury.
Strong, easy to use and will support just about anything.
Float on. We call them “Floating Desk Brackets,” but this DIY hardware supports a multitude of floating desk, shelf and mantle styles, in a variety of sizes, without visible support. Use this steel bracket anywhere heavy-duty, gravity-defying construction is required.
Shelfology floating desk hardware is engineered to support solid or hollow slabs, beams, and apron-construction surfaces 1½" to 4" thick, and from 9" to 24" deep. Designed for professionals as well as DIY’ers, these brackets are simple to install on wood and steel framed walls.
- 1"x 1" square tube steel (.120 wall)
- Mounts to side of studs
- Mounting plate is ¼" thick x 12" long x 3" wide, hot-rolled steel
- Screw holes are ¼" OD, ideal for high strength ¼" lag bolts
- Recommended spacing is 32" OC for shallower, lighter duty installations, 16" OC or shorter for deeper, heavier duty installations
HOW TO INSTALL FLOATING MANTELS
NOTE: Installing this hardware requires some innate awesomeness (you have that already) and woodworking experience, or a buddy with woodworking experience.
TOOLS TO GET STARTED
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Our heavy duty brackets let you make a floating surface from just about any solid or hollow slabs, beams, box and aproned construction you choose. Hardwoods are durable and hold a nice finish, while softer woods can provide an aged, textured finish. No matter what you choose, your finished lumber needs to be at least 1½ inches to 4 inches thick, and from 7 inches to 24 inches deep. Remember that the deeper your surface, the less weight it will hold at the outer edge (think physics, teeter-totters and levers).
All brackets must mount to the side of stud, or posts.
- Attach Bracket To Studs Or Posts
- Add Wall finish around your brackets leaving the posts visible1. Prepare Your Lumber To Fit Floating Desk Supports
- Test The Bracket And Surface Fit
- Mount Your Surface
- Secure in Place
NEED A CUSTOM BRACKET?
We build special order brackets. Send us your unique requests.
Mantel hardware is made in the USA from 100% American Steel, love, sweat, tears, and industrial awesomeness.